Thursday 3 July 2014

Summer Lipstick Picks




Now I am a fan of a bold lip pretty much all year round, but summer is certainly the best time to try a more adventurous bright lip as it is always on trend. These are my pick of the best daring shades to really make you stand out this season. The Revlon colorburst lip butters are pretty much a firm favourite with most beauty junkies. They are the perfect combination of a lipstick and balm; good enough colour pay off yet still moisturizing which is why they are perfect for summer. My favourite summer shade is 063 Wild Watermelon, a really nice muted red that borderlines the pink shade of things. It is really easy to apply, just like a balm and has fairly good staying power too, leaving your lips with a glossy finish which I love for summer. Another winner from Revlon is a firm love of mine, Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the shade 020 Lovesick. This is one of the best staying lip products I have ever came across,(there is still a mark on my arm where I struggled to get all this swatch off). I wore this non stop on holiday of an evening and didn't even have to take it out with me to top up. The bright fuchsia is just perfect for this season, not to mention how great it compliments a tan. Next is a shade that I am only brave enough to wear this season, Maybelline's colorsensational in 902 Fuchsia Flash. It is the brightest of pinks, much more Barbie than lovesick which is why I find it less wearable. It is super pigmented however and lasts a long time too, not to mention how amazing these lipsticks smell! Another favourite again comes from Revlon, and it is their lip gloss in the shade 046 Sizzle, a great orange shade which is still quite wearable as it verges on the red side of things. I love wearing this over the top of a bright coral or red shade to really make it stand out. These lip glosses from Revlon have amazing pigment for a lip gloss, albeit they are slightly sticky. Next is Max Factor in the shade 830 Dusky Rose, a muted pink with shimmer which again, looks wonderful with tanned skin. I adore Max Factor lipsticks because they are extremely creamy in formula, not at all drying and they last a long time with a finish that is not at all matte which I quite like for summer. Finally is a super bold shade from Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate, in the shade 110. This is a shockingly bright coral red, which again I find looks at its best with a tanned glow. I wore this non stop on my holiday as I feel it brightens up any look, even if you have fairly downplayed makeup this will make you stand out. These matte lipsticks also have unbelievable staying power which i find to be one of the most important factors of a summer lipstick. This shade looks beautiful paired with the lip gloss in Sizzle. 

xox


2 comments:

  1. The Revlon Lip Glosses are amazing. I love them! Good choice :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Love hearing your feedback and checking out your blogs too if you drop me a link.