Wednesday 17 July 2013

Lush: Grease Lightning- My Skin's New Best Friend!


I may or may not have mentioned before that I went through a phase of having quite bad acne, to the point where nothing could clear it and it seriously got me down. Fortunately after developing a regular skincare routine, eating right (or at least trying to!) and using all the spot treatments available, I found this little beauty from Lush which I think is one of the main reasons for my new found clear skin. Firstly, if you do have bad acne I would highly recommend visiting your doctor who will automatically prescribe you a cream to clear away most of the acne, you can then follow on to a stronger cream if necessary. This was one of the major reasons for why my skin recovered, and now I only have the occasional, although annoying, breakout. When I do, I always reach for this spot treatment which is a natural clear gel formula which helps to attack the spot and heal it gently. What's worked best for me is to put this on every night as I think that it helps with preventing future breakouts and also helps to naturally heal some of my scarring. Just some of the magic ingredients include aloe vera for its naturally soothing properties, tea tree oil which is a powerful antiseptic to target breakouts, and also witch hazel which is fantastic for healing and renewing the skin. I love the feel of this on my skin; I just love a product where you can feel it working its magic! This may not be strong enough for bouts of severe acne, but it is is perfect for someone like me with oily skin who is prone to an occasional breakout; it will undoubtedly reduce the spots appearance quickly and also help to heal it naturally so that you aren't left with unsightly scarring. 

Have you guys tried this or any other fantastic spot treatments?
xox

2 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds amazing! I just got the Tea Tree Oil toner from Lush and I hope is as good as this one is!
    I'm ussing la roche posay Effaclar Duo and it sucks to say it's not as good as I wanted it to be, maybe becuase I have the european version..

    I found that pure tea tree oil is the best spot treatment I've found so far x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I've been wondering if La Roche Posay is as good as it claims! Tea tree oil is the way to go for sure!

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Love hearing your feedback and checking out your blogs too if you drop me a link.