Monday 17 June 2013

My Summer Skincare Essentials



1. Neutrogena Visibly Clear oil-free moisturiser
Oil-free moisturiser is an absolute necessity for me in the summer due to my oily skin which becomes even more of an annoyance in the summertime; I therefore do everything I can to keep excess oil and bay and keep my skin looking matte. This one from Neutrogena is hands down my favourite one; it keeps my skin clear and feeling fresh and it smells unbelievably like grapefruit which is perfect for summer. It isn't heavy on the skin and absorbs quickly leaving me free to apply my make-up instantly. The best thing about this moisturiser is how it leaves a tingly feeling on the skin; you can feel that this product is doing your skin wonders as soon as you apply it which I love. It does not clog pores due to how it is oil-free, thereby leaving your skin blemish free for summer. This lightweight formula has a delicate hint of pink grapefruit to not only uplift your senses and make you feel fresh and fabulous, it leaves your skin feeling invigorated and fresh. 
This moisturiser is available at around £5 and you can get hold of it here: 

2. Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer
Another summer necessity for me is primer. I tend to wear a primer most days anyway because I feel it keeps your make-up looking fresh and in place for much longer, but in summer I regard it as essential due to the excess heat, (if your lucky to get some sun this summer!) This primer from Nivea is absolutely fantastic. I could not feel more confident in recommending a better primer to you guys as I have tried and tested this for months now and I still absolutely love it. I love everything about it from the fragrant fresh smell, to the smooth appearance it gives to my skin, to how it hold my make-up in place all day. Foundation goes on so much better when I apply this as it creates such a smooth canvas for make-up. I feel like pores are minimized and any imperfections are smoothed out; make-up will no longer cling to stubborn blemishes or dry patches of skin if you use this. I think this is an all round great, reliable primer for everyday wear for all skin types, if your oily like me, or if you have dry skin. This product also functions as a moisturiser as it hydrates and replenishes your skin whilst also priming your skin. It is instant absorption so there is no waiting for make-up application which, for me, makes this a fantastic, no-fuss product. This is perfect for summer as you can be assured that your make-up will hold up in the heat. This is available at £4.99 here: 

3. Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing toner
I love using this toner after I have cleansed my face in order to remove any excess oil on before make-up application. This one is my favourite toner because it is incredibly soothing and thereby perfect for even sensitive skin. It refreshes and cleanses impurities which makes it perfect for removing any residue of make-up whilst also controlling the oils on your skin. It combines water lily extract and pro-vitamin B5 in a gentle, non-irritant formula to provide an intense fresh sensation on the skin. Skin is therefore left feeling soothed, supple and fresh. This is perfect for the summer when skin is most oily, perfect to cleanse your face after you have been out in the heat and keep your oil production under control and shine at bay. This is available for £3.99 here:

4. Dove Summer Glow Gradual Self Tan
Before trying out this tan myself I had heard so many recommendations from friends and fellow bloggers that this tan was the best around. I finally decided to try it out a few weeks before my prom to see if it really lived up to the hype. Before this my experience with false tan had never been fuss-free; it had always resulted in a streaky tan that was obviously false and stained hands. This is without a doubt the best gradual tan I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot of them now. It applies just like a body lotion and it has a very distinct smell which is fruity and exotic and I actually really like it. It builds a natural looking tan gradually without looking at all streaky. What I found most remarkable about this tan was how it didn't erode completely in the shower, something all the previous tans always seemed to do which kind of defeated the point of building up a tan gradually. This one remained just as dark but more natural looking, and didn't start to peel/flake away to leave that fake tan residue. I therefore built up a nice tan for my prom which left me with a subtle tanned glow. I used the medium to dark formula to get a more intense tan, but the colour was by no means orange, it was the colour of how I usually tan in the sun which makes this my favorite tan for a natural glow. I also stopped reapplying this after my prom, and even though I tried to exfoliate it off afterwards, I was still left with a nice subtle tan for at least a week after applying. You can get hold of the tan that is voted No.1 gradual self-tan body lotion in the UK for just £2.50 at Boots:

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Love hearing your feedback and checking out your blogs too if you drop me a link.