Saturday 23 February 2013

Rebel: Dangerous Look

I had been waiting to get my hands on 'Rebel' by MAC for absolutely ages. It is such a popular colour that whenever it is in stock, it seems to sell out, so I was overjoyed yesterday when I finally got it. For me this is my favorite shade imaginable. I always prefer darker toned lipsticks because I think they are much more flattering on my skin tone, so I am always intrinsically drawn towards plum tones like this. It was also my first proper MAC lipstick purchase (gasp). I have always thought that they are rather pricey for lipstick, considering the amount of good dupes on the high street, (I hear Topshop lipstick is almost exactly the same). But I finally gave in because this shade is unlike anything else I have and I know I will wear it all the time.

 Rebel is a deep, rich purple with hints of creamy pink underneath, so it's not too vampy. It is such a statement lipstick and you can't be a wallflower if you have this on so it gives you added confidence. It is one of those rare shades that really makes you feel glamorous and sophisticated. It is such a gorgeous sultry shade, particularly flattering on pale skin tones I think as it really heightens your lip colour. I also tried the matching lip pencil and the lipglass of the same name; I had to stop myself from buying both! I think the matte finish of the lipstick works well on its own, although it did look fabulous with the gloss on top.

 Rebel has a satin formula which makes it quite moisturising on the lips and it leaves a slight shiny appearance. After this was applied on me in the store, It was still looking almost perfect by the time I was ready to apply my make-up for the evening. You don't need to build it up too much like some lipsticks as the colour pigmentation is great, although the satin affect wears off, the vivid purple plum colour stays on all evening, I didn't have to reapply once and that's after eating and drinking too! This almost dangerous colour is right on trend at the moment, its such an amazing shade and has quickly become my favorite ever ever. 




Because this is such a bold, diva like shade, I had to stop myself from going crazy on the eyes too. I wanted the lips to be the main focus of the look, so I simply used the two lightest shades in my Urban Decay Naked palette, Virgin and Sin. I layered these across the lid, with slight contouring in the outer corners for definition. I went for my trusty winged eye liner look, using my favorite Maybelline one. I layered mascara and then applied false lashes to complete the look. 






Have you guys tried Rebel or know any similar shades?
xxx

28 comments:

  1. Ahh I really want to try this lipstick!! It looks so dark and scary in the tube but lovely on the lips. Lovely post and I would love it if you could check out my blog too x

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it! You should definitely give it a try :) Thank you, and sure!
      xox

      Delete
  2. Rebel is one of my all time favourite lipsticks. You look lovely in it, you have amazing eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats such a lovely colour, looks AMAZING on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the colour i have this one this looks amzaing on you im a new follower check my blog out follow back if you like what you see and comment ? :)
    http://thepocketsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check out your blog too xx

      Delete
  5. I have been looking for a colour like this for ages i will have to find one in stock!

    http://dotofdaisy.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, its perfect for this season xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous!! Looks absolutely stunning on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful color! looks amazing on you

    http://acosmeticcourtship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Rebel - it such a wonderful lipstick! I wore it SO much when I first got it. It looks amazing on you!

    Amy xo
    www.roseberrylips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already worn it loads aha! And thank you :)
      xox

      Delete
  9. such a gorgeous colour-want to follow eachother? please check out our blog and let us know...:-)
    http://www.looklovewear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And sure, I'll check out your blog xox

      Delete
  10. Hiya,

    Just a little post to say that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award.

    Amy xo
    http://roseberrylips.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful colour! Love it, you look so gorgeous! <3

    Big kisses!
    MY DIGITAL DIARIES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just! And aw thank you so much! xox

      Delete
  12. Love that lip colour.
    Looks so great on you!
    Your writing style is a joy to read!
    Would love to follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin?
    Let me know with a comment and I always follow back.
    Lots of love from London.
    Love G xx

    www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so glad your a fan! I will check out your blog for sure :)
      xox

      Delete
    2. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I'm following you back too now.
      Looking forward to new posts :) xx

      Delete
  13. that's a really beautiful mac shade, suits you very nice;)x

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty vibrant shade. It looks lovely on you! Though I don't know whether I could pull it off :)

    Emily x
    http://embirds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Love hearing your feedback and checking out your blogs too if you drop me a link.