Sunday 27 January 2013

Lipstick Haul

If there is one beauty product that I am in constant demand for, its lipstick. I love lipsticks because there are so many colour options these days, giving you the chance to experiment with different shades to change up your look. Lipstick can completely transform your look and that's what I love about it, and is probably why I have so many! Put these on over the winning combination of an exfoliating scrub following by a nourishing balm (see my last post), and your lips will look super luscious.


1. No7 Moisture Drench lipstick in shade 'Waterlily'
2. The Body Shop Delipscious sheer lip colour in shade 01
3. The Body Shop Delipscious shade 09


I was in desperate need of a natural pink lipstick that gave some added radiance to an everyday look. After much deliberation over which shade I went with 'Waterlily' by No7 because I have many of No7's moisture drench lipsticks and they are excellent quality and always have an incredibly diverse selection of colours. The texture is so creamy and just glides onto your lips, also moisturizing them whilst still managing to provide colour. The pigmentation in these is great, much like MAC's, and you can go for ages without the need to reapply. This shade also has slight shimmery particles, but they are not so noticeable which makes it perfect for that subtle everyday shade. This is going to be a permanent shade in my make up bag as it will go with practically everything. It also reminds me a lot of MAC's 'Chatterbox'- a pink shade that makes your lips look natural- but better. These No7 lipsticks are priced at £9.50 in all Boots stores.


Next I went into the body shop and found these sheer lip colours to be half price- that's only £3 instead of £6. However when I went in there was an offer which meant I got two gorgeous shades for £4- what a bargain! What I like about these shades is that they are completely sheer, so they add a touch of colour to your look without it being too overdone. I think these are a great product for every day use, making your lips super shiny with just a hint of natural colour. The formula of these is the texture of a lipstick, but they glide on like a soft buttery balm, with a slight glossy finish, ultra lightweight to wear. Although they are not vastly pigmented, they do have good staying power and offer the chance to wear colour that looks as though you are not wearing any! The first shade I picked out was this one below, a dark red with blue undertones. It looks much darker than it actually comes out due to the sheerness of it, but this just creates a softened look with a slight hint of colour. The next shade was this nude shade which I think is great to have in your make-up bag as a nude lip is always perfect to go with a stand out eye. It is much more matte in finish but still gives a slight glow to the lips. I think these colours and the formula of this brand is ideal for spring every day wear as they are not too overpowering and give you a radiant and healthy appearance, managing to perk up any seemingly dull look.


Shade 09


Shade 01

22 comments:

  1. The red looks amazing! I love sheer lipsticks, so this just might be the next product I'll check out! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should they are such a bargain!
      xox

      Delete
  2. I haven't ever tried out any makeup from the body shop, but I'd really like too and both of those colours look lovely!

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah nor had I but they are so impressive!
      xox

      Delete
    2. I get paid tomorrow thank god, I think I mayyyy put these on my shopping list! xx

      Delete
    3. Yeah you should go for it! :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. These colors are sooo beautiful.^^
    Thanks,for the follow. Follow you back on gfc and bloglovin #3.
    Do you also follow me on bloglovin?
    Lovely greets nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Body Shop! Shade 1 is by far my fav. Loving the nude look lately. It really suits your skin tone as well!
    I've found so many incredible things in their store lately - it's one of the few stores here in South Africa that is somewhat exciting :)

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always thought dark shades suited me more but I really like this nude! And yes, the body shop is so amazing!

      xox

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colors!!! I added you by g+ now!
    Would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow! Sure I will follow you :)

      xox

      Delete
  6. Hi can u recommend a balm for dried lips? I Use vaseline but getting bored thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should absolutely try Korres lip butters- super creamy and nourishing for dried lips, just check out my post here:
      http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/new-lip-products-korres-and-lush.html

      xx

      Delete
  7. The Body shop ones remind me of Revlon Lip butters. Love the colours
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yeah they are fairly similar. I love the Revlon lip butters too :)

      xox

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for your visit! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
    Have a good week! and my like in bloglovin for you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! And thank you, you too!
      xx

      Delete
  9. Hey lovely, I've nominated you for the Liebster award! You can see my post about it here http://thefloralrepublic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you so much, I've already done it though! You can check it out here:
      http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-blog-award.html

      xox

      Delete
  10. The no7 lipstick looks SO lovely, may need to hunt this bad boy down haha x

    http://lucyandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Love hearing your feedback and checking out your blogs too if you drop me a link.